Missouri and Kansas Boating Links
Additional Information on Smithville Lake
Smithville Lake is a 7,200-acre lake and has more than 175 miles of shoreline. Located just 20 miles from downtown Kansas City, there are several recreational opportunities available to the outdoor enthusiast that include:
- 2 swim beaches
- 752 campsites
- Reservable shelters
- 2 full-service marinas including boat rentals
- 1 sailboat only marina
- Dockside restaurant
- 2 public 18-hole golf courses within the Paradise Pointe Golf Complex
- 4 disc golf courses
- Great fishing from shore or by boat
- 37 miles of walking/biking trails
- 11.5 miles of single-track mountain biking trails
- 32 miles of equestrian trails
- Home to Kansas City Trapshooters Association
- Public hunting that includes managed goose hunts
- Youth and ADA white-tail deer
- Wild turkey hunts
- An aggressive 2,300-acre native grassland revitalization project - Clay County Website
- Shelter houses can be reserved year-round. The Lake View Shelter is available for use on a first-come, first-served basis or can be reserved through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at 816-532-0174. View/download the reservation form.
- Shelter Houses at Smithville Lake’s Little Platte, Crows Creek, and Sailboat Cove can be reserved by contacting Clay County Park’s at 816-407-3400 or viewing their website
- Shelters located below the dam in the Smith’s Fork Park area can be reserved by contacting the City of Smithville at 816-532-1028.
Smithville Lake Marinas
- Camp Branch Marina map
The Camp Branch Marina Store has fishing boats and pontoon boats for rent. It also offers: boating accessories, life jackets, swim flags, batteries, fishing tackle, bait, ice, snacks, drinks, and fuel. Covered overnight boat slips are available, along with 212 covered boat slips leased in 6-month increments.
Camp Branch is located near the swimming beach, Camp Branch Campground, boat ramps, walking trails, trapshooting park, and picnic sites.
- Paradise Pointe Marina map
Located in Little Platte Park, the Paradise Pointe Marina Store is now operated by Clay County Parks.
The following items are offered: boating accessories, life jackets, swim flags, batteries, fishing tackle, bait, ice, fuel, snacks, drinks, and much more. Overnight boat slips are available, along with 240 covered boat slips and 29 uncovered boat slips leased in 6-month increments.
Paradise Pointe Marina is located near the swimming beach, boat ramps, walking trails, picnic sites, playground, historic Woodhenge and Akers Cemetary, disc golf courses, and Paradise Pointe Golf Complex.
Crows Creek Campground and Boat Ramp map
The Crows Creek recreational area includes both a campground and nearby boat ramps.
- Sailboat Cove map
Sailboat Cove is utilized by sailors, picnickers, sightseers, and anglers. Except for the docks, mooring buoys, and dry storage facility, the area is open to the public. The Day Sail area of Sailboat Cove is an excellent place for launching catamarans, small sailboats, and windsurfing. There are picnic tables and grills, as well as access to walking trails nearby. Large sailboats must use the ramp north of the parking lot, which is specially designed for them. There is also a restroom and shower facility that is open year-round.